The purpose of CLASS is to:
- Improve the independence, psychological, social, spiritual and physical health of the 55+ population.
- Convene stakeholders and partners to work on community focused strategies which more effectively and efficiently use available resources.
- Provide a network of services, resources and activities for the 55+ population and their care givers.
- Create a comprehensive communication system that allows people to access information and services.
- Research local needs and available services.
- Identify and prioritize action steps to address community needs.
- Support research and development of best practices.
- Leverage civic engagement of the 55+ population.
- Secure resources to advance community strategies.
- Everyone has the right to be counted and have a voice.
- Everyone deserves to be valued and find purpose in life.
- Everyone deserves to be treated with personal dignity and respect.
- Everyone has something of value to offer another and their community.
- Everyone should have equal access to basic services and opportunities regardless of level of wealth.
- Every person contributes to our shared future.
- Transparency as an organization is critical.
- Participatory decision-making is essential.
- Diversity of experience and perspective is important.
- Compassion and understanding is expected.
- Building relationships between people of different ages and backgrounds is important.
- Involving the 55+ population in defining needs and solutions is best practice.
- Creativity in problem-solving and using resources is essential.
- Adaptability or responding to ever changing needs of the 55+ population is required.
- Collaboration is important as a way meet growing needs with limited resources.
Consortium of Lake Area Senior Services (CLASS) serves the 55+ population residing within the Mahtomedi, Maplewood, North St. Paul, Oakdale, and White Bear Lake Area School Districts in Minnesota.